Farmfest - come show your support for the RFS at MFU's new booth and new location
ST. PAUL (July 26, 2012) – Farmfest is set to be at Gilfillan Estate outside Redwood Falls, Minnesota on Tuesday, August 7- Thursday, August 9 and Minnesota Farmers Union (MFU) has a new booth and location and exciting things going on.
“Farmfest is always an exciting part of the summer because there are so many rural folks in one spot discussing farm policy and sharing farm ideas,” said Doug Peterson, Minnesota Farmers Union President. “We have a new booth and new location, which is just west of the forum tent, and we invite you to stop by the MFU booth and check the markets, the weather, and try your luck at winning a Cenex gas card, plus sign our petition in support of homegrown fuels and the Renewable Fuels Standard.”
Minnesota Farmers Union activities:
- MFU President Peterson asking questions of the congressional candidates on farm policy in the forum tent, Tuesday, August 7, 10:30 a.m.;
- Farmer Union Agency Children’s Pedal Pull, daily at 1 p.m., near entrance gate 2;
- Free watermelon feed, Tuesday, August 7, 1:15 p.m., under the forum tent;
- MFU Vice President Gary Wertish on the Water Quality Initiatives and Future Impacts for Farmers panel in the forum tent, Tuesday, August 7, 1:15 p.m.;
- MFU President Doug Peterson on the Renewable Fuels Standard panel in the forum tent, Tuesday, August 7, 2:45 p.m.;
- A petition in support of the Renewable Fuels Standard, homegrown energy and rural jobs. Come sign it any day of Farmfest at the MFU booth; and
- Cenex gas card giveaway.
Also, AgrAbility will be in the MFU booth. They help those with disabilities succeed in the agriculture world. For more information on them go to, equipalife.org.