Why join Farmers Union?
- Farmers Union makes sure that the voices of family farmers, rural communities and people who care about family farmers and rural communities are heard.
- Minnesota Farmers Union is a widely-respected, large, progressive, member-based organization working for, and advocating on behalf of, family farms, and rural community issues
- Farmers Union believes that farm policies should guarantee a safe and abundant food supply while providing family farmers with a fair price from the marketplace, not the government.
- Farmers Union works hard for fair farm policy. Join thousands of other people across the nation who believe that family farmers working together with consumers can revitalize rural America.
Minnesota Farmers Union isn't just for farmers!
Consumers who care about where food comes from, about renewable energy, trade issues, healthcare, land use planning, the environment, and much much more will find that Minnesota Farmers Union is a place where they can have a voice.
- If you want to help preserve family farms and the culture and health of our rural communities, then you can become a rural steward by joining Minnesota Farmers Union as a consumer member.
- Legislative representation on important family farm, food, consumer, and rural issues
- Free or low cost legal advice
- Minnesota Agriculture, a monthly newspaper with news about issues important to you National Farmers Union News is also sent to you by mail or email.
- Email Alerts, if you want them, and also the MFU Notes sent out on a regular basis by MFU's lobbyist, Thom Peterson. These notes are widely read by legislators, policy-makers, lobbyists, and all with an interest in food and agriculture issues
- Discounts on MFU apparel and Farmer's Choice Coffee, the coffee distributed by Minnesota Farmers Union
- Affordable MFU Summer Camp Programs
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Scholarships and Internship Programs
- Farmers Union Carbon Credit Program